While we can’t hold our events during the lock-down, we’re taking a look at some of our members fashion stories:
Today we take a look at men’s fashion with Karl:
1. Introduce yourself. Who are you, what do you do and where do you live?
I’m Karl, I work for a supermarket and I live in East Leeds.
2. When did you start swapping and why?
I started swapping when my wife got involved with LCCE a few years ago. It just seemed like a better way of doing clothes, rather than throwing them in the bin or giving to charity.
3. Where are your favourite sustainable places to shop / swap / thrift?
I love Charity Shops! My favourites are the British Heart Foundation in Crossgates which always has an eccentric collection of tat and books and the Revive shops at the tip!
4. How would you describe your personal style?
5. What are the most treasured items in your wardrobe?
My wrist watch which I’ve had for over 20 years and wear every day. It’s had the strap and batteries replaced many times over the years and recently went in for repairs so I can keep wearing it.
6. What’s your best exchange find?
My beloved red hoody. It’s more me than any hoody’s ever been!
7. Do you have any fashion regrets?
8. If someone is wanting to get into sustainable fashion, what tips would you give them?
I’d say google is a good starting place to find places to buy/swap second hand, but if you’re in Leeds definitely go to LCCE!
Follow Karl on Instagram @mason.karl
If you would like to submit your own fashion story, complete the form here