2023 Event Dates
Saturday 28 January
Saturday 25 February
Saturday 25 March
Saturday 22 April
Saturday 27 May
Saturday 24 June
Saturday 23 September
Saturday 28 October
Saturday 25 November
Woodhouse Community Centre
Entry: £3.50 per person
How does it all work?
- Swapping will be open from 12pm – 4pm on a drop in basis (there is no need to pre-book). We will not be accepting items after 3.30pm to allow our volunteers time to process the items in.
- 3pm – 4pm is our Quiet Hour for people who would like a quieter swapping environment. Capacity will be limited for this hour and you may need to wait for admittance.
- Entry is £3.50 per person. You can pay by contactless card (please do this if you can!) or cash on the door.
- You will be able to bring a MAXIMUM of 20 items to swap. If you have credits on the system from previous swaps, you will be able to take away as many items as you like.
- We do not accept items for recycling. Any rejected items will need to be taken away by the swapper (there are clothing recycling banks opposite the venue)
- There are no changing rooms available. Extra mirrors will be available in the main space. We recommend trying on items at home and bringing anything that isnt suitable to the next swap!
- While LCCE is not an event for children, kids are welcome at our events and do not need to pay an admission fee. Please make sure any children are supervised at all times.
To help us process your items quickly and to make sure your items are accepted please make sure that all items are:
- Clean – if possible please wash your items before bringing them to swap
- No damaged items – check for holes, wear & tear, missing buttons, stains etc.
- No underwear/swimwear/sleepwear/gymwear that touches the body/bodysuits (unless brand new with tags attached)
- No worn out items eg. greying whites or bobbly knitwear
- No specific branded clothes – eg tops that say “Leeds Marathon 2015”
- No children’s or teen clothing
We couldn’t run the Exchange without our volunteers and there are many benefits to being part of our team; we provide you with lunch and snacks plus unlimited tea and coffee; and of course you still get to take part in the Exchange. If you are interested in joining our team please email: LeedsCommunityClothesExchange@hotmail.co.uk