2021 Event Dates
Saturday 23 October – British Textile Biennial Pop-up (Venue TBC)
Saturday 27 November
Venue: Woodhouse Community Centre
Entry: £3.50 per person
To make sure we’re as covid-safe as possible, we’ve had to make a few changes to how the swap usually works so please read below before booking a ticket:
- You will need to pre-book a ticket & attend within your time slot. Slots will be available at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm. Each slot will last for 55mins, to give you plenty of time to have a good rummage.
- We will not be able to accept walk-ups on the day.
- Tickets will be £3.50 and will be paid in advance using Eventbrite. We have had to raise our fee slightly due to the extra costs of booking online but have tried to keep our events as affordable as possible.
- We will not be able to admit latecomers once their timeslot is over, so please arrive at least 20 mins before the end of your slot so you have time to check in & swap.
- No non-swappers will be permitted – all attendees will need a ticket. We know lots of you like to bring kids/partners/dogs with you, but for now we ask that you leave them at home. If you need to bring a carer with you, please tick this box when booking so we don’t exceed our maximum capacity.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been told to self isolate please DO NOT attend. In this instance please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can cancel your ticket and open a place to people on the waiting list.
Although covid restrictions have eased, we want to ensure our exchange days are as safe and accessible as possible. To do this we’ve made some temporary changes to the way the exchange normally runs:
- All swappers & volunteers will be asked to wear a mask at all times (unless you are exempt). This is a requirement of the venue in order for us to hold the event & also helps us to keep each other safe.
- All swappers will be asked to check in to the venue for test and trace where possible. This is not compulsary, but will help to keep everyone safe.
- There will be a one way system around the building so that the exit and entrance are not via the same door. Please follow the signs in the venue.
- There will be no changing rooms available. Extra mirrors will be available in the main space.
- There will not be a cafe available at the event.
- Toilets will be available to swappers but must not be used as changing areas.
- You will be able to bring a MAXIMUM of 15 items to swap. If you have credits on the system from previous swaps, you will be able to take away as many items as you like.
- We will not be accepting any items for recycling. Any rejected items will need to be taken away by the swapper (there are clothing recycling banks opposite the venue)
To help us process your items quickly and to make sure your items are accepted please make sure that all items are:
- Clean – if possible please wash your items before bringing them to swap
- No damaged items – check for holes, wear & tear, missing buttons, stains etc.
- No underwear/swimwear/gymwear that touches the body
- No worn out items eg. greying whites.
- No specific branded clothes – eg tops that say “Leeds Marathon 2015”
- No children’s clothing
We couldn’t run the Exchange without our volunteers and there are many benefits to being part of our team; we provide you with lunch and snacks plus unlimited tea and coffee; and of course you still get to take part in the Exchange. If you are interested in joining our team please email: LeedsCommunityClothesExchange@hotmail.co.uk