While we can’t hold our events during the lock-down, we’re taking a look at some of our members fashion stories:
First up is Becky:
1. Introduce yourself. Who are you, what do you do and where do you live?
28 y/o Leeds resident hailing from Manchester
2. When did you start swapping and why?
3. Where are your favourite sustainable places to shop / swap / thrift?
LCCE and I love a big charity shopping session in smaller towns like Harrogate! I’ve been to the US quite a bit and the big thrift shops there like Goodwill can be amazing!
4. How would you describe your personal style?
Colourful and comfy predominantly but it can be a real mix depending on my mood. I’m a designer so I like to think I have a good eye for mixing up interesting textures and patterns!
5. What are the most treasured items in your wardrobe?
A dress from the brand Gorman that was a collaboration with an artist I love that I saved up for when I was living in Australia, a sparkly skirt from an independent designer, a secondhand denim jacket I found in America. – there’s definitely some travel associations with a lot of the items I like!
6. What’s your best exchange find?
A lovely black velvet skirt that looks great with everything and is super comfy.
7. Do you have any fashion regrets?
Having an ASOS premier account for a year and just ordering things without thinking too much. Going to Topshop several times a week when I was a student 😆
8. If someone is wanting to get into sustainable fashion, what tips would you give them?
Look at how much you are really spending on cheap fast fashion clothes – they aren’t as cheap as you think! Sustainable options can either be a lot cheaper (secondhand) or similarly priced for a much better item. Watch the True Cost documentary too, really eye opening.
9. Who should we be following on instagram?
Aja Barber, Venetia Falconer, Sophie Benson, Whitney Bauck (@unwrinkling), Dominique Drakeford
You can follow Becky on Instagram at @itsbeckychambers
While we can’t hold our events during the lock-down, we’re taking a look at some of our members fashion stories:If you would like to submit your own fashion story, complete the form here